How To Roof A Shed With Roll Roofing
When compared to shingles rolled roofing is far cheaper and much easier to apply.
How to roof a shed with roll roofing. Rolled roofing has become more and more popular in recent years. Prepare the roof by tearing off the old shingles or by preparing for a reroof. Tools and materials rolled roofing.
Rolled roofing is very adaptable and can be cut into 12 inch by 36 inch strips to act as hips and ridges or 9 inch strips for eaves and rakes. You ll be able to roll out long sections at a time if you have a low pitched roof but the underlayment may slip off the eaves on steeper roofs so roll out no more than 10 ft. Cut the roll roofing into lengths long enough to cover one run across the shed roof or of 18 whichever fits your shed better and lay them out on a flat surface to smooth them out.
If removing your current shingles is a problem it is usually permissible to re roof over your existing roof with rolled roofing. Start pulling the roll across the decking using the backing making sure the material is lying as flat and as straight as possible as you pull. Place the top edge of the roofing along the chalk line.
I do this on my shed but these basic principals can be applied to your house as well. Working with a helper expect to spend half a day installing flashings and roll roofing for a 700 square foot roof with modest complications. If you get the right materials and stick.
For a flat or nearly flat roof use double coverage although a torch down modified bitumen or epdm roof is a better solution. Roll out and cut roll roofing to cover the length of the roof. You don t need to get a professional in to apply rolled roofing to your house or shed you can do it yourself.
This should give you a 1 inch overhang on the eaves including the top edge. Convert the area from inches to feet prior to purchasing your felt. In this video i show you the basics of roofing.
- How To Reset Garage Door Code Linear
- How To Wire Ceiling Fan And Light Control Switch
- Hummer H2 Roof Rail
- How To Strip Varnish From A Garage Door
- Hugger 52 In Led Indoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan With Light Kit
- Hyundai Door Handle Problems
- How To Run Cable Across Wall
- How To Take A Hinge Pin Out Of The Door
- Hurricane Resistant Sliding Patio Doors
- How To Thaw A Door Lock
- How To Take A Storm Door Off Its Hinges
- I Beam Retaining Wall Diy
- How To Seal My Garage Door
- Humble Pie Eat It Vinyl
- How To Use Hinge Pin Door Stop
- How To Rid Possums From Roof
- How To Secure Kayak To Roof Rack
- Hunter Douglas Glass Door Shades
- How To Shore Up The Attic Floor Under A Heater
- How To Stop Condensation On Metal Roof